Thursday 6 August 2009

Some pics while I wait for my laundry

Here, as promised, are my pics from The Sound of Music tour. Prepare to be dazzled (and please overlook the shoddy photography).

This was the lake used during the scene where all the children and Maria fall out of the boat. Gretel couldn't swim, and she almost drowned! Anyway, the house here was not used as the exterior, but the veranda scenes were all filmed here as well until they moved the veranda to the building that was used for the exterior front and back of Von Trapp house.

The famous veranda where they filmed exterior shots for "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" and the love scene between Maria and Captain Von Trapp. The interior scenes were filmed on a soundstage in Hollywood.

The tree lined street Maria ran up when she sang "I Have Confidence". The skippers are my tour mates from the hostel.

Me at the lake district near the church used for the wedding scene.

A nice view from the lake district.

The fountain they marched around during "Doe a Deer".

Me in front of a different fountain in the park where they sang "Doe a Deer".

I actually have a few more pics, and there were some locations that I didn't or couldn't take pictures, but this is a fairly good sampling of what we saw. I'll try to update about my Vienna adventures tonight, if it's not too crazy here.

2 comments:

  1. That tour looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahha JTo would be a bad person to have on that tour methinks. Your pictures are great! As if you were AT THAT GAZEBO! so iconic. sigh :(

    ReplyDelete